Keep Your Pets Safe During the 4th of July!
More pets get lost on July 4th than any other day of the year! Keep your fur babies safe during your 4th of July celebration by following these tips:
1. Be sure your dog is wearing an up-to date and visible ID tag on her collar at all times.
2. Take a current photo of your dog just in case.
3. Exercise your dog early in the day before parties begin.
4. During cookouts, ask guests to play with your dog away from the flames.
5. Keep charcoal, fireworks, sparklers and glow sticks far from curious canines.
6. Keep dog treats on hand for those who want to give your dog food.
7. Leave your dog at home with a frozen stuffed treat during the fireworks (inside and in a safe and secure location).
8. If your dog is afraid of loud noises, leave gentle music playing to cover the fireworks.